Registered Agent Service
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
In every state, when you form a business entity like a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or a corporation, you will be required to appoint a registered agent for your business. This requirement to designate a registered agent (aka: statutory agent, resident agent, or corporate service of process agent) came about as an aspect of due process. Due process states that before a lawsuit or other legal action can move forward in the courts, all parties in the lawsuit must be properly notified. Registered agents serve as a way to ensure your business can be properly notified, should it be involved in a lawsuit.
Hire A Registered Agent Or Be Your Own?
It is true that in all states, you can be your own business’s registered agent. But do you want to be? Being a registered agent means being available at your business’s location during normal business hours, five days a week, something most new business owners have trouble doing since they’re busy starting their business. Being a registered agent also means being responsible for tax forms and tracking annual report dates with the state, things that can easily be forgotten and cost you in the long run. The one upside to not hiring a registered agent is you’ll save the annual fee, typically around $100. But the freedom you gain from hiring one often makes up for the expenditure.
Top 7 Reasons People Use Our Registered Agent Services
- We’re the only national registered agent service that locally scans every document you receive.
- When we receive a document at our local registered agent service office, that’s where we scan it to your account.
- Locally scanning every document enhances both quality control and customer satisfaction.
- Northwest’s Corporate Guides® will help you navigate the odd world of state bureaucracy.
- Call and talk to someone who knows what they’re talking about.
- No automated operators. No reading from a script. No upsells. Just answers.
- We’re not so big that clients are just a number.
- We’re not so small that we have to hire other registered agents to do our job.
- We’re the perfect size to offer both personalized and reliable service.
- Orders receive instant access to your account with all forms you’ll need to file with the state.
- All forms are pre-populated with our information for easy filing.
- Your account is filled with filing tips, annual report help, and business maintenance help.
- Enter your corporate data once, and the same data will populate every form you need to file.
- Receive annual report compliance instructions and reminders.
- Access online copies of all scanned items we’ve received on your behalf.
- Flat rates.
- No upsells.
- Registered agent service rates:
1 to 4 states = $125/year
5 or more states = $100/year
There are lots of companies providing registered agent service. None like us. We have no phone extensions, hidden fees, no gimmicks, and no sales staff using teleprompters to answer the phone. You can even speak to the owners of the company if you would like.