Indiana Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
An Indiana registered agent is appointed by a business to accept on its behalf tax forms, state notices, and legal summons within the state of Indiana. You designate an Indiana registered agent when you form a business and file formation documents with the Secretary of State. An Indiana registered agent must maintain a physical office in Indiana where service of process and certified documents can be reliably delivered during regular business hours. Once documents are accepted, they must be forwarded to the client in a timely manner.
What Do Indiana Registered Agents Do?
- Indiana registered agents need to have a physical address in Indiana.
- Be open during business hours.
- Accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
- A commercial registered agent in Indiana should provide tools that help you maintain your company.
Why Do I Need An Indiana Registered Agent?
- To become a legitimate, registered Indiana business, the state requires that you appoint a registered agent.
- The Secretary of State will reject your filing if you don’t appoint an Indiana registered agent.
- Basically the general public needs a reliable way to send important mail or legal notices to every registered Indiana business.
What Are The Requirements For Indiana Registered Agents?
Indiana registered agents have to be Indiana residents or companies that provide registered agent services. They have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Indiana. They accept legal documents.
How Do I Change My Registered Agent Service To Northwest?
- You file a change of registered agent form, and we get listed as your Indiana registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change form is available immediately.
It is super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Indiana registered agent page.Hire Us
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Indiana Registered Agent FAQs
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Websites?
Big Data. It’s a scary thought. But we don’t store your credit card info. We don’t sell your data to others to make extra money.
This is serious! Your Indiana registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. It only takes one screw-up to cause a real problem. We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Indiana registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Indianapolis, Indiana. We don’t just mail you a copy of your notice or email it to you. We have the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Indiana registered agent service to help make sure you and wAG亚洲国际游戏下载apphomever you want to be notified doesn’t just get a notice about something but that you’re actually looking at your documents.
Privacy. When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. This isn’t a game, and this isn’t a decision to just make on a whim. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they will harass to find out. We have stringent privacy practices to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals. We also stress-test our own systems regularly and we prosecute people who try to hack us.
Collections. Read the fine print. We pick up new clients switching Indiana registered agents every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, you don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” This isn’t just a policy we made up, it’s our entire company slogan.
We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. It’s not a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit they can find with an army of salespeople. Not that there’s anything wrong with any of those, but this is our lives. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
Why Do I Need Northwest As My Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
Do I Hire An Indiana Registered Agent Service Before Or After I Make The Filing?
You should hire us first and then do you business registration filing because you can’t form an Indiana corporation or LLC without an Indiana registered agent. You find all the forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
What’s Your Indiana Registered Office Like?
We scan all documents locally from our office in Indianapolis, IN. Then we upload them to client accounts, immediately.
How Will I Get My Documents From Northwest Registered Agent?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our Indianapolis office. For more info on our document delivery system, we created a registered agent infographic.
Can I Use Your Indiana Registered Office Address To Get My Mail?
We don’t want to get all your mail. That’s not what we do. But we do want to help if possible. The US post office might not deliver your mail reliably to us if you don’t have a lease at our address. As the registered agent, things come directly to us. Northwest Registered Agent Service, Inc. c/o your company. If we do get mail for you on occasion, we will scan and upload it for you.
How Are Indiana Registered Agents Served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
Serving a registered agent is legal proof that you were notified. Regardless of whether or not you look at the docs or even get them from the Indiana registered agent services: you were notified. This is a serious responsibility and we don’t take it lightly.
Can I Use Your Indiana Registered Office Address For Everything On My Filing?
Absolutely! We are the only national registered agent that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you are doing a filing with the Indiana Secretary of State. This way you keep your private address off of the public record.
How Do I Find An Indiana Registered Agent?
- You can start with an Indiana business name search.
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the IN registered agent name and registered office street address.
- If you want to legally notify someone through their Indiana registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Does Northwest’s Registered Agent Service Work In Indiana?
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your Indiana registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Indiana Secretary of State.
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Indiana registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states.
We attempt to make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Indiana registered agent service or for paying your annual fee, but for actually keeping up with Indiana corporate paperwork formalities.