Arrow Graphic

COVID-19 Update:

As an essential business, we’re open, fully operational, and all services are active and available!

Processing. Please Wait.

Northwest Registered Agent, LLC Menu Menu
Now What?

What Do You Want To Do?


Create a Free Account

Our free account and tools will help you get started and maintain your business. All for free. Enter your information below to create your free account.

  • Minimum 8 characters long
  • At least 1 capital and lowercase letter
  • At least 1 number
  • At least 1 special character

Free Download


Choose to view the in another tab or to download the PDF.

How To Be Your Own Registered Agent In Nevada

How do I become my own Nevada registered agent?

This process is as simple as selecting the “noncommercial registered agent” box and writing in your own name and address on the formation documents you file when forming your business. Once this is on your formation documents and they have been filed by the state, then you are officially your own registered agent.

What is a registered agent?

When you start your own business and have registered it with the state (as a corporation, LLC, or similar business type), you need a registered agent. The registered agent is the person or business who is designated to accept official documents on behalf of your business. It may sound trivial at first to have someone designated to accept your business’ mail, but it is for a good reason: the registered agent must also accept service of process should your business be sued.

What are the guidelines for being my own registered agent?

You need to maintain regular business hours, and it is absolutely necessary that you have a physical street address in the state where your business is registered, for the aforementioned reason: process servers need to be able to find you. If you are registered in many states, the best course of action is hiring a registered agent—you won’t be able to be your own unless you somehow maintain a physical street address with regular business hours in every state.

What if I already have a registered agent but want to be my own?

If you already have a registered agent for your Nevada business, don’t worry; the change of agent process is straightforward and fairly simple.

Nevada furnishes a Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity form for you to file should you decide to change your agent (the “represented entity” refers to your business). If you’ve already formed your Nevada business, you need to file this form with the Nevada secretary of state. Just fill out your own information where it asks for the noncommercial registered agent information (a commercial registered agent is a business you hire to act as registered agent). There is a $60 fee to file this form. You will send the form and the $60 fee to:
Secretary of State
202 North Carson Street
Carson City, Nevada 89701-4201

What if I don’t want to be my own Nevada registered agent anymore?

If you find that you can’t meet the demands of being your own registered agent, decide that you don’t want process servers showing up on your doorstep, or don’t want your name and address on searchable public record in Nevada, then you can change your registered agent with the same Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity form. You can appoint a commercial registered agent to take over, or find someone else. Be careful whom you choose, though; Having family or friends in charge of accepting your business’ important documents can be risky, and they will also need to have regular business hours and a physical street address that they are willing to make public.

Corporate Compliance
by Local Corporate Guides®