Alabama Registered Agent
Corporate Compliance by Local Corporate Guides®
An Alabama registered agent is a resident or corporation that has a registered office address in Alabama and is willing to accept legal documents on behalf of a company that has listed it as their AL registered agent. Alabama state law requires every business entity to maintain an Alabama registered agent so that the Secretary of State and state courts have a reliable way of contacting a corporation or LLC. An Alabama registered agent is necessary to maintain compliance in the state and remain in good standing. Under Alabama state code § 10-2B-5.01, an Alabama registered agent service must have a physical address—a P.O. Box will not work.
What do Alabama registered agents do?
An Alabama registered agent needs to:
- Have a physical address in Alabama.
- Be open during business hours.
- Accept documents on your behalf and get them to you.
- A commercial Alabama registered agent should also provide tools that help you maintain your company.
Want to be a registered agent? Learn how to be your own registered agent in Alabama.
What are the requirements for Alabama registered agents?
- An AL registered agent has to be a resident or a company that provides registered agent services.
- Have a registered office address that is a physical address located within the State of Alabama.
- Accept legal documents for your company.
Why Do I Need An Alabama Registered Agent?
- State law requires all legitimate, registered businesses to appoint one.
- The secretary of state will reject your business filing if you don’t appoint a registered agent.
- A registered agent requirement gives the public and the state a reliable way to contact your business.
How do I switch my registered agent service to Northwest?
- You file a change of registered agent form and we get listed as your Alabama registered agent.
- When you place an order with us, the change of registered agent form is available immediately.
- It’s super easy, but for more specific info you can read our change Alabama registered agent page.
Get a Registered Agent Today!Get Started
Alabama Registered Agent FAQ
What Makes Northwest Different From Other Registered Agent Websites?
- Big Data. You’ve heard the term and you should be scared of it. We don’t store your credit card. We don’t sell your data to others to make extra money.
- This is serious! Your Alabama registered agent service is going to be your point of contact for serious legal notices. It only takes one screw-up to cause a real problem. We are the only national registered agent that locally scans everything into your online account in real time. We maintain our own commercial offices in each state, and when you hire us for Alabama registered agent service, we’ll scan everything from our office in Dothan, Alabama. We don’t just mail you a copy of your notice or email it to you. We have the most sophisticated calendaring response and tracking system of any Alabama registered agent service to help make sure you and wAG亚洲国际游戏下载apphomever you want to be notified doesn’t just get a notice about something, but that you’re actually looking at your documents.
- Privacy. When you make a purchase on this website, you’re actually hiring Northwest Registered Agent. This isn’t a game and this isn’t a decision to just make on a whim. When the general public or a government official wants to know who owns your company, your registered agent is who they will harass to find out. We have stringent privacy practices to keep your data private, trained staff who will not give away your information, and in-house data security professionals. We also stress test our own systems regularly, and we prosecute people who try to hack us.
- Collections. Read the fine print. We pick up new clients switching Alabama registered agents every day because they’re annoyed by their current registered agent’s billing policies. We don’t send our clients to collections. If you don’t want to pay us, you don’t. We’ve never sent a client to collections. Our trademarked slogan is “We’re Just Not Annoying.” This isn’t just a slogan we made up, it’s our entire company policy.
- We obviously think pretty highly of ourselves, but this is all we do. It’s not a line item on a profit and loss sheet. It’s not a dividend payment to our owners. It’s not an idea we hope will work out. And we sure as heck aren’t a massive corporate conglomerate looking for every penny of profit they can find with an army of salespeople. Not that there’s anything wrong with any of those, but this is our lives. This isn’t just a job to us, it’s our passion.
What Kind Of Alabama Registered Office Will You Provide Me?
We provide a commercial registered office location in Dothan, Alabama.
How Will I Get My Documents From You?
We locally scan everything to you in real time from our Dothan office. For more info on our document delivery system, we’ve created a registered agent infographic.
Can I Use Your Alabama Registered Office Address To Get My Mail?
- We don’t want all your business mail, that’s not what we do, but we want to try to help if at all possible.
- The US Postal office might not deliver your mail reliably to us if you don’t have a lease at our address.
- As the Alabama registered agent, things come directly to us, Northwest Registered Agent Service Inc., care of you.
- If we do get mail for you though, we’ll scan it to you in real time.
What People Need Registered Agents In Alabama?
How Do I Find An Alabama Registered Agent?
- You can do an Alabama business name search on the state’s website
- Type in the company name you are trying to look up.
- Look at the AL registered agent name and registered office street address.
If you want to legally notify someone through their Alabama registered agent service, just send a certified letter directly to the registered agent name and registered office address.
How Do Alabama Registered Agents Get Served?
- A process server, the sheriff, or any third party will walk into our office and hand us legal papers (service of process).
- The process server then gives an affidavit to the court that they “served” us.
- Service on a registered agent is legal proof that your business was notified. Regardless of if the company looks at the docs or even gets them from the Alabama registered agent services, you were technically notified. This is a serious responsibility that we do not take lightly.
Do I Hire An Alabama Registered Agent Service Before Or After I Make The Filing?
You should hire us first and then do your business registration filing, because you can’t form an LLC or corporation without an Alabama registered agent service. You’ll find all the Alabama forms and instructions you need to complete your filing instantly after you place an order.
Can I Use Your Alabama Registered Office Address For Everything On My Filing?
Absolutely! We’re the only national registered agent service that allows our clients to list our addresses for everything when you’re doing a filing to keep your private addresses off of public records.
How To Order Alabama Registered Agent Service:
You sign up online at the top right corner of this page.
We’ll become your Alabama registered agent service after you make your business registration filing with the Alabama Secretary of State.
We collect the first year of the registered agent service fee up front.
About a year later, we’ll send you an invoice for another year of Alabama registered agent service. If you want to keep using us, great; if you don’t, you can easily cancel.
We make it easy to add registered agent services in other states. We attempt to make your account a real go-to resource for you, not just for Alabama registered agent service or paying a bill, but for actually keeping up with Alabama corporate paperwork formalities.